- Allied Health
- General Information
- NC Work Ready Community
- ED2GO Online Classes
- College & Career Readiness
- NCWorks Customized Training
- Public Safety
- Healthcare Programs
- Workforce Programs
- American Sign Language
- Auto Dealer License
- Commercial Truck Driving (CDL)
- Conversational Spanish
- Culinary Arts
- Customer Service and Professional Skills
- Drone Pilot Training
- Dual Water/Wastewater and Workplace Safety Continuing Education Workshop
- Forklift Training
- Income Maintenance Caseworker
- Medical Office Specialist
- Municipal Finance
- National Career Readiness Certificate
- NC Real Estate Classes
- NC Vehicle Safety Inspection
- Notary Public
- Residential Wiring
- Substance Abuse Counselor
- Substitute Teacher Training
- Teacher Continuing Education
- Technology Training
- Vehicle Escort Certification & Recertification
- Working Smart
- Writing a Dynamic Resume
- Personal Enrichment
- A Mediterranean Meal
- A Summer Seafood Supper
- A Taste of Summer Wine
- Carolina Shag Dancing
- Defensive Driving
- Enjoying DSLR Photography
- Firearms Training
- Happy BoCo New Year!
- Hey Honey!
- Hospitality Quilt
- Knife Skills
- Let's Do Lunch; Pimento Cheese
- Let's Do Lunch; Russian Soup
- Let's Do Lunch; Savory Instant Pot Beef Stew
- Let's Do Lunch: Bacon and Duck Burgers
- Line Dancing
- Opera Excursion: Cosi fan Tutte
- Opera Excursion: La Boheme
- Organic Gardening
- Piano 2
- Pies and Tarts, Sweet and Savory with Rachel K
- Return of the Redneck Pesto
- Small Engine Repair
- Stuffed Stuff and Good Salad
- T-Shirt Quilting
- The Whole Hog
- Welding for Fun
- Whoopie Pies
- Yeast Bread Baking Basics
- DDC-4 Defensive Driving
- Small Business Center
- Hyde County Davis Center
- Washington County Center
- Summer Enrichment for Kids
- Financial Aid
- Human Resources
- Institutional Effectiveness
- Student Records
- Student Life
Fueling Your Small Business in NC
The N.C. Rural Center is offering a free seminar for seasoned and prospective business owners who want to learn more about how to access credit and capital for their businesses. It will review the six basic principles many lenders use to make credit decisions and provide an overview of the resources available in North Carolina for small businesses. Finally, the seminar will cover the Rural Center’s Microenterprise Loan Program and provide details about its lending criteria and application process. You will learn more about:
• How lenders judge a borrower’s credit risk
• Ways rural businesses can access start-up capital
• Helpful resources available to small business owners
Staff of the NC Rural Center will present.
3:00pm-5:00pm Thursday February 22 Fee: No Charge 2 hrs WCC
Social Media for Beginners (For the Current and Prospective Small Business Owner)
Social Media is everywhere! Social Media has even helped overthrow governments. But, how can Social Media help you start, grow, and/or maintain your business? Join as we help you expand your knowledge on this important advertising/marketing/communication tool.
• What is Social Media?
• How can my business use Social Media?
• Why do I need to incorporate Social Media as a marketing tool?
• What channels are good for my business?
• What do I talk about on Social Media?
• Much more….
2:00pm-5:00pm Thursday March 22 Fee: No Charge 3 hrs WCC
How to Start a Non-Profit Business
There is tremendous interest coming from communities wanting to know how to form a non-profit business. Careful consideration should be given to this quest and much attention needs to be given to the proper steps to take. Failure to do so could result in serious consequences for individuals as well as becoming detrimental to the original cause for which the non-profit was designed. If you are considering starting a non-profit
business, please plan to attend this very informative seminar. Participants will discover:
• Basics on what a non-profit business is
• Refine the definition of a non-profit
• Issues to consider before starting a non-profit
• Key steps in forming a non-profit
• Forms and Documents needed to be filed
• What takes place at the first board meeting
• Do you need an attorney?
Sam Gore is your presenter.
2:00pm-5:00pm Monday March 26 Fee: No Charge 3 hrs WCC
HP LIFE Online Entrepreneurship Training
HP Learning Initiative for Entrepreneurs (HP LIFE) is a global program that offers aspiring entrepreneurs and small business-owners valuable business skills. HP LIFE offers participants a path to realizing their business dreams. The NC Small Business Center Network, in partnership with the National Association for Community College Entrepreneurship (NACCE), is pleased to offer this innovative program to NC entrepreneurs and small business owners free of charge! This program is self-paced, making it possible for more aspiring entrepreneurs to participate. All you have to
do isregister to start. You can read more about this program at https://www.ncsbc.net/. Click on the HP Life logo.
On Demand All Days Fee: No Charge 20-30 hrs Online
For more information or to register, please contact:
Lentz Stowe, Director of the Small Business Center